One of the most over-used phrase when someone wants you to finish your food.
It got be thinking, is the emphasis,concern and care on the African kids dying, or is it just, really, a convenient lingo to get whoever to clean up their rice?
I was blog hopping sometime last week, and I came across something someone wrote which, honestly, disgusted me.
I'll summarize what she said,
" I hate my parents because they don't buy me designer clothes. I hate it when people tell me African kids are dying when I don't finish my food. Who cares if they are dying? They are poor and deserve to die, I'm rich and have the money, so there is NO COMPARISON to be made between me and them. Ugly and poor people exist so that the beautiful people can be even more beautiful. So don't you even dare to compare me with THEM!!"
Spoilt? Indifferent? Selfish? Immature? Naive?
What do you call people who couldn't careless about the sufferings of other people, or even think that fortunate people like us don't share ANYTHING in common with those that have lost love ones in Myanmar, in China these recent days?
It would be quite useless to paste a picture of kids suffering in Darfur here, to somewhat evoke a temporary sense of pity for them, if everyday we are quite numb when we read and see it, over and over and over again in the newspaper.
"Yeah....aiyo...another earthquake"..*flips to the next page*
"Oh...another tsunami?..." *flips*
"Another Massacre?... oh...so scary...lucky here don't have." *flips flips*
What really provoked me in what she said, was that "NO COMPARISON" should be made between us and the African kids...as if they were somehow less human than we are.
Seriously, what do we have in common with people dying and suffering in Darfur, Myanmar or China...?
I'll tell you what,
We share not a single thing in common, except our humanity.
And for THAT, they deserve to be at least talked about with the same amount of respect, if not more, than what we show the people around us.
7 comments:
hello! ehh petrol price is killing me. lets cycle to college!!! lol.
anyways. watch this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmISXtnRKrM&feature=related
think you're the only one that'll understand. :)
oh and btw... good luck!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmISXtnRKrM&feature=related
wah she impacted u so much u just had to blog about it.
with blog hopping comes inspiration.
i absolutely agree with u la!!!the no comparison part.the existence of diff people on this earth still baffles me.haha
hey jee wen!!
Yea, my dad actually suggested i cycle to college okay!! lol.
I can't seem to play it cos theres something wrong with my flash player.. =(
haha yeah ann, she successfully pushed my nerve button!=D
Eh?I always thought we have to finish our rice so that our better half will not have pock-marked face...that's what granny told me...now we have to finish our rice cos rice expensive leh!!
Only bimbotics make statements like that blogger,but then again....that'll be an insult to bimbotics, cos bimbotics are probably smarter
Jeewen, there's the video with English subs. here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWRTcaXYNU
haiz.. i really feel pitiful for the ppl who knows that blogger...
anyway.. I wont need to cycle to college.. cause college is over for such an old student like me.. eventhough I'm younger than Regina!!
update ur blog la.. got cobwebs already.
Post a Comment