Saturday, April 26

“Be instant in season, out of season.”

2 Timothy 4:2

If we do only what we feel inclined to do, some of us would do nothing forever and ever. There are unemployables in the spiritual domain, spiritually decrepit people, who refuse to do anything unless they are supernaturally inspired. The proof that we are rightly related to God is that we do our best whether we feel inspired or not. – Oswald Chambers.


While I was wallowing in self-pity(disgusting) for failing maths (mocks),

jittery for not getting enough sleep the night before;

I felt like starting my car and speeding home right after my classes,

Honestly, the last thing I wanted to do was lead worship for CF...until I read the passage above to snap me out of my sickening emotional moodiness.

So what if I had a bad day? Doesn’t God still deserve our highest praises?

So what if i’m going through a really tough time, and it seems like there’s nothing I can do?

Doesn’t God know the circumstances we are in? Does it mean we can’t worship Him anymore if things aren’t as smooth as we love and so want them to be?

God gave us feelings, but if we’re not careful, emotions & feelings become our god without even us realizing it.

God is still and always God, whether we feel him or we don’t.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails